Site Analytics to Monitor Traffic and SEO Effectivity – Your Website’s Report Card
Using Google Analytics to measure the effect of your SEO work
Just a quick note to talk about Google Analytics, and it’s cababilities.
When measuring the success of our SEO advice we often make use of
Google Analytics segmentation and custom reporting features to measure:
- increase in natural search traffic (visits)
- increase in natural search traffic value (revenue)
- increase in search variation (number of keywords)
- maintainance of relevance to customers needs (bounce rate)
Next, we change the segment to one of the default segments provided by analytics – non-paid search (that’s organic or natural search to you and me).
The resultant report keeps track of the key SEO KPIs – namely:
- Is the number of visits coming in from organic (non-paid) search
- Is the number of variations of search terms that you are ranking for
- Are you still getting the right kinds of visitor in the door (is
your bounce rate steady)?
- Are you making more money?
Keep a steady eye on these, and you will get a regular picture of the
love Google has for your website.