The Nine Steps to Web Success
Following is a brief outline of the development process.
- Analysis – Determine what the purpose of the site is, who are you trying to reach, how can we reach them best, and when we reach them what message do we want to send them, what actions do we want them to take, etc. if you are a musician looking to build your brand and get people out to your shows, we would take a very different approach than if you are a dentist looking for candidates for cosmetic surgery.
- Establish measurable criteria – We need to determine with the goals and objectives of the site are in a manner that we can track them and measure the performance criteria. This step will set in place the means to monitor the performance of the site after launch with things we can document and measure, and this will act as an indication of site performance and guide us to any changes and tweaks that need to be put into place. For example, if you may set a goal of a 20% increase in business in the first six months, and adding 50 new customers every month, this would be easily measurable.
- Website Specs and Architecture – Based on all the above, we would lay out a plan for the site including items as the characteristics content, color scheme, navigation structure, pages and special pages, images, artwork, layout, etc. This is basically what we sketch out the whole site in the draft format.
- Generate code – This is the part of the site with a techno-nerds do their stuff and put all the above into a web- ready attractive intelligent format.
- Prelaunch evaluation – We work with a private copy of the site to gain a full understanding of the content, how it works, and determine what if any changes would be appropriate.
- Search Engine Optimization – Working together, would identify tags, categories, keywords etc. as well as a number of other things which should be recognized by search engines, and craft a plan to implement these for maximum visibility to the world.
- Promote and Launch – We would get the word out your key clients, customers and persons of interest to your business thus ensuring it was launched with a bang!
- Evaluate and Adjust – We would monitor the measurable criteria that were established to step to establish if the goals were being met. This is a great opportunity to assess the site and determine what changes need to be made to improve site performance.
- Go back to one – and start again and make sure all the bases are covered and the site is delivering, and review everything on a periodic basis.